Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Baby Shower

This past Saturday was such an amazing day that I will never forget...
my baby shower!  
A celebration of life and these miracles of God...
A gathering of many of my dear friends and family...
An overwhelmingly beautiful display of my friends' talents and love...
Such a sweet time.

I seriously woke up the next day and it all felt like a dream.
Everything was perfect!  They did a theme of "woodland creatures", which was just darling.
There were so many thoughtful details and touches; I was in love. 
I started to cry as I walked through Joy's house.  
This was all for me and my babies!  I was humbled.

Three dear friends were in from Boston, my sister Victoria was there from Houston, many of my coworkers came, and lots of church friends and family friends.
We were spoiled with all the gifts and love.
I was bummed that I had to sit the whole time because I was put back on strict bedrest the day before, but I still got to chat with people and took it all in from the arm chair :)

baby pictures of Andy and me


They printed out many of our maternity photos and decorated with them!  So thoughtful.

favors:  peanuts--"Thanks for celebrating Emily's little peanuts!"


My favorite part as you walked up to the house...  I'm going to hang it in the boys' room somewhere!


such a fun drink table


mozzarella stick & tomato "mushrooms"















Auntie and Marmie

Some of the lovely hostesses and also most of the Boston crew--old and current

It was an amazing day, and I'm so glad I have these photos to remember it all.  Thank you!!!

Now Andy and I are trying our best to organize, set up, and decorate.  It's tough being on bed rest because I really can't do much of anything.  I'm kind of resigned to the fact that the decor in the boys' room might come after they're born.  That's ok... a little disappointing, but oh well!  We finally got the cribs set up today.  Andy has been awesome.  He already does so much for work and then comes home and serves me faithfully.  Most of the time he even has a happy heart doing it :)  No, but really, he's working so hard, and I wish I could help.  The babies will be here before we know it!  Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment