Thursday, March 13, 2014

33 Weeks


How Far Along: 33 weeks 3 days
Weight Gain: I haven't stepped on the scale this week, but I only gained a pound over 2 weeks at my last appt.  My total so far is about 30 pounds.  
Symptoms: Well, thanks to the magical medicine, Reglan, my "morning sickness" or extreme sour stomach/vomiting has somewhat subsided.   I have had  a couple mornings where I've gagged, but overall I'm doing much better in that department.  I have realized that it's really important that I sit up after eating, for at least 30 minutes, or else the reflux is killer.  Usually I just go lie down (doctor's orders!), but now I'm sitting.  My lower back is sore if I haven't done a good job of bedresting that day.  My stomach still tightens up a lot throughout the day (not sure the Nifedipine is helping my contractions...).
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty well, considering how large I am.  I usually wake up to pee anywhere between 12:30 and 4 am.  I also was waking up with extremely sore hips, so I added another body pillow to the mix (sorry, Andy!), and that has helped.
Preparation: We've done a lot to the nursery--I'm so thankful!  Andy set up the cribs (I helped as much as I could from the ground), and we rearranged furniture.  I set up the Expedit shelving unit (from Ikea) that will house books and toys (eventually).  My mom made beautiful curtains!  We have the crib mattresses and a set of sheets for each crib (still need mattress pads and more sheets), and we have our changing pad and lots of diapers!  The stroller is set up and ready to take the car seats.  OH!  We need to install our car seats!  Hello!  Probably the most important thing...
Miss Anything? Oh, just being about to go out and about and see people.  It's hard to be so dependent on others.  And I miss going for walks and runs.  
Cravings: IN LOVE with English muffins and Raisin bread, toasted, with Brummel & Brown butter and raspberry jam.  I'm going to have to kick this carbs habit after the babies come!
Looking Forward to:  We finally have another growth measurement ultrasound tomorrow am!  I can't wait to see how much they weigh!  I'm a little worried that Baby A has moved back to a breech position, based on what I felt him doing the other day, but maybe he's moved back...  we'll see.

I will leave you with this hilarious picture of me in one of the motorized scooters at Target!  (I really had to go to Target to get somethings for a gift I was assembling for my sister's 30th birthday.  I'm trying to be good and not cheat on bedrest!)


**Hilarious.  I just noticed that I had left something written by another blogger that I get the topics to write on from... I'm not Mormon and my grandma and another lady did not stop by my house with fruit.  hehe, oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment