Monday, January 27, 2014

27 Weeks!

You won't find me in this vertical position for very long these days!
Oh, bedrest.
How Far Along:  27 weeks today--the last week of 2nd trimester!
Weight Gain:  I've only gained 20 pounds so far.  I haven't gained any weight while being on bedrest...  I know I should be with the boys growing, so I'm trying to eat more (healthy) snacks.  I'm definitely losing muscle mass, though!  So maybe that's why.
How Big are the Babies?  Apparently the size of a head of cauliflower... whatever that's supposed to mean.  Who comes up with this stuff?  They're roughly at least 2 lbs and 14.5 inches long.  At their last growth ultrasound, about 10 days ago, Baby A was 40th percentile for weight and Baby B was 58th percentile.  Little guys, but right on track.
Maternity Clothes: Yes but also sweats are good too :)
Movement:  They are back to their normal bouncy, kicky selves this week.  Baby A roundhouse kicks me in the early morning after my second trip to the potty, between 2-5 am.  I love it!  I really will not get over it.  I love watching my stomach move and bounce when I'm just lying down.  Last Friday we saw them again real quick on the ultrasound, and they had their little heads together, forehead to forehead.  Even though they have the dividing membrane in between, they can still bond and conspire together :)  Precious.
Belly button in or out? Still an innie, but it's flattening out.  I have the smallest belly button known to man, I think.
What I miss:  So, I am officially on strict bedrest until February 3rd, when my doctor will reevaluate things.  So  I can definitely say I miss the freedom to move around, get errands done, go to work, WALK, etc.  But this is what is best for the boys right now, so I'm trying to have a good attitude, and when I don't, I ask Jesus to help me have a happy heart :)
Milestones:  27 weeks is huge!  I have my Glucose Tolerance Test on Thursday am.  I'm definitely nervous about this.  I know there's nothing I can do about it, and my chances are higher with twins of having Gestational Diabetes.  I go in between being nervous and just not thinking about it.  
Food Cravings:  I have been wanting meat--like hamburgers and roast beef.  The Yahoo sandwich from Dilly's Deli is AMAZING.  I will have had 3 by tomorrow at lunch (a friend is kindly bringing one by!)
Aversions: I don't think there's anything right now, but sometimes I'm hungry and nothing sounds good.  I think that's just me being annoying though.
Symptoms: Um, nausea?  What's up with that?!  I've been nauseas and gagged the past 2 mornings after getting up and brushing my teeth.  I still have tightening in my stomach but nothing too major.  And when it's major, I take 600 mg of ibuprofen, per the doctor's orders.  Ibuprofen is safe (under medical supervision/direction) until 32 weeks gestation.  If you take it around the clock (which sometimes you do if you're having regular mild preterm contractions), then you need a weekly ultrasound, as it can deplete your amniotic fluid levels.  But anyway, I'm not taking it like that, so we're good.  Just an interesting fact for you!
Best Moment this week: There have been several "moments" of friends and my mom stopping by to say hi, bring a meal, or bring me coffee.  I feel so blessed.  I love our community!

What I'm looking forward to: February 3rd--my next OB appointment.  I'm hoping since things looked stable on my ultrasound last friday (cervical length stayed the same as well as the funneling), she will lift the strict bedrest orders and change them to modified bedrest...  allowing me to return to work and just really take it easy otherwise.  I would be happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment