Thursday, January 2, 2014

23 Weeks

Yes, I'm brave enough to post a pic of my in my bathing suit!  Yikes.
I enjoyed a few minutes in the hot tub at my parents' house.
The temp was still pretty low, like a bath.  It felt amazing.
How Far Along: 23 weeks and 3 days
How Big are the Babies? Roughly the size of mangoes.
Maternity Clothes: Yes!
Movement:  They are moving around all the time.  Feeling your baby kick has been something I've been fascinated with for years, and now I actually get to feel mine.  It's so fun. I mostly feel them in my sides and down below in my pelvis.  I know there's still time for them to flip flop around before they settle into permanent positions for delivery, but I'm trying to imagine them head down... we'll see if that works!  I'm curious to see what positions they're in at our next ultrasound on Jan. 17th.  Someone does this move that shudders and shakes.  Is he flipping or hiccuping or what?  So funny.
Belly button in or out? Normal.  Innie, but I'm flattening a bit.  
What I miss: Well, to be honest... sleep!  My stomach feels like it has doubled in size over the past couple of weeks, and sleep is beginning to evade me each night.  No, I don't have a pregnancy pillow... I don't really want to spend the money!  I've tried with a body pillow, though, and that doesn't really help.  Side sleeping has become very uncomfortable, which is really the only position allowed.  Plus, when I sleep on my sides, my hands fall asleep from the weight of my body on my arm blood vessels--at least I think that's what's happening.  After tossing and turning most of the night, I finally propped myself up on the couch around 5 am this morning and slept til almost 8.  I told Andy that I may be sleeping on the couch for the remainder of this pregnancy!  
Milestones:  I'm officially feeling pregnant.  I still feel pretty well, considering, but my belly feels huge and sometimes I waddle or need to hold my back when I get up!  I've wanted this for ages, though, so I'm happy to be waddling :)
Food Cravings:  Still nothing.  
Aversions: I don't think there's anything right now!
Symptoms:  Still the numb tingly hands intermittently throughout the day and when I sleep.  Swelling in my lower legs and ankles.  It's also getting harder to stand up from a laying down or sitting position.  haha, I'm sure I'm a sight to see!
Best Moment this week: We enjoyed time away with Andy's family last week and ending up spending 4 nights up in Paradise Valley at my parents' new house with my brother, sister, and grandparents, too.  It has been a really relaxing past couple of weeks, and I'm so thankful.  I think I'm really taking time to rest in all senses of the word, and I feel really refreshed.

What I'm looking forward to: All that 2014 has in store!  I was so eager to take down my Christmas decorations yesterday, and I realized it's because I'm ready for this new year to get going :)  Oh, and I'm getting a pre-natal massage tomorrow.  Yay for Christmas presents!

1 comment: