Thursday, May 22, 2014

Clothe yourselves...

Source
It has been difficult for me to be motivated to spend time with God over the past month in the midst of my sleep deprivation haze.  But in the last week or so, I have really longed to get back to that place of daily time with the Lord early in the morning, before the start of my day.  Now that I have 2 infants to care for around the clock, it's a little tricky to time it.  The boys wake up roughly around 6-7am for their first am feed and don't eat again until 9.  We put them back down after that feed and I pump afterwards. Usually I go back to sleep, too, but I'm thinking that I need to just buckle down and stay awake after I pump.  I want to start my day off right before my babies wake up for good.

This verse has been on my heart these past few days.  I want to clothe myself each morning with these characteristics as it is pleasing to God and benefits my family and those around me.  On days that are crazy and I'm overwhelmed, I want this peace of Christ to rule in my heart. I want to already be clothed with kindness, compassion, patience, gentleness, and humility.  This is the kind of wife I want to be and the kind of mom I want to be.

So, here's to getting back(ish) in the swing of things around here!


3 comments:

  1. It's hard! I would encourage you to do what you can to stay in the word but not to be discouraged if it looks different than before. Things WILL get easier. You are just in the thick of getting used to motherhood and getting enough sleep. Sometimes I find listening to sermons to be helpful. Do what you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Ashleigh said! I am learning more these days to accept that the Lord is close to me and wants fellowship with me regardless of how much time I am spending actually reading my Bible or doing some kind of study. When i don't "do enough" I tend to feel further away from Him because of guilt. However, God accepts me as I am and has compassion for me as I am learning to care for my children and juggle all the responsibilities the day throws at me. Sometimes it is good to just have a little conversation with Him in my head if I find a couple of minutes of quiet, even if it doesn't feel like a structured quiet time. Also, just playing worship music renews my mind and attitude and helps me face the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. I tend to lean towards being hard on myself over giving grace to myself. After posting this, we've had a couple long nights again and I haven't gotten the chance because I'm so tired again. Funny, I did listen to a sermon this morning though! And I'm feeling like meditating on different verses throughout the week is what has been getting me through.

    ReplyDelete