Monday, August 15, 2011

I got a job!

So much has happened in the past couple of weeks, my head is spinning!  To start, I GOT HIRED AT PHOENIX CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL!!!  This has been a long time coming through prayer and trusting the Lord.  When we moved here, I thought I had a job pretty much in the bag, but it didn't turn out that way.  I have been applying to many many jobs since then, I've had a few interviews, but still no great leads.  I felt weird shutting the door to Children's, since I come from one of the top Children's Hospital in the country, and I love and respect the mission of Children's Hospitals.  Anyway, to make a long story short, through several words from the Lord and Him orchestrating things perfectly, I was offered a job at the Gastroenterology Clinic at PCH.  An even sweeter element to this story is that back in March/April, I said a few times to people in response to the question of what kind of job I'd get in Tempe... I said a few times, "I would love to work at the GI clinic at Phoenix Children's, or something."  God is good!  I feel like over and over again I have laid things down on the altar, things I care about but love God more... and He gives them back to me.  It's so much sweeter that way...  to choose Jesus over things and even people.  To put God first.  "Seek first the kingdom...and everything else will be added unto you."  So, I start tomorrow!  Orientation for 3 days, and then I think I'll start.  I will be in the clinic Mondays-Fridays, 8-4:30.  The nurse I'm covering for on her maternity leave worked at Boston Children's for a few years, too!  Small world.  I'm so excited to start.

Ok, so I'm finishing this post on Monday, August 15th.  Today was my first day of orientation.  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment