Thursday, March 16, 2017

Asher Johnson Salsky

Asher Johnson Salsky 
Born March 16, 2017
at 2:01 pm
weighing 8 pounds 12 ounces
measuring 19 3/4 inches long


Asher means Happy & Blessed
Johnson means "God is good" 
and is my dad's mother's (my Nanny) maiden name

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

 

Snuggling with my baby in the PACU, after he nursed for a long time!
Oh, we were so tired.  My mom came back and met us in the post-op area pretty much right when we got there.  That was nice to see her again and have her meet the baby when things were quiet!



WARNING! These next few photos are the ones Andy got as Asher was pulled out of me.  Pretty bloody--but amazing all the same.  Such a big boy!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



               




All in all, the delivery was smooth.  The labor was rough.  And it turns out that my uterine scar--from my previous c-section--had begun to tear.  If I had continued to labor through the contractions, we could have ended up with a big emergency.  It's scary to think about.  I am just thankful for the grace and mercy of God to hold Asher back.  If he had engaged as he should have, my cervix would have dilated and things could have gotten scary.  I am so ok with how things ended up.  Again, I had to learn this and come to terms with how my baby was born, but God is good in all circumstances!  

No comments:

Post a Comment