Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Day in the Life

Well, I have two 13-month olds now!  Time is flying by.  The boys are becoming more vocal and mobile.  They both say "Mama" and "Dada/Daddy".  Both have said "Hi" a few times.  Benji has said "Happy" and "Puppy" (I think).  Zachary is walking 6 or 7 steps at a time and getting better day by day. Benji is now standing on his own.

Our days are tons of fun... as well as a lot of work!  We're at the point now that we need an outing everyday or they go a little stir-crazy.  Just going into our backyard on the swings isn't enough anymore!  We're heading into the summer now, any everyday I'm anticipating the scorching heat that comes with Arizona summers, but it has been pleasantly mild and even, dare-I-say, cool!  So the weather has been a life-saver as we can still visit parks without it getting too hot.

I always love reading day in the life posts from other moms, so I'm going to write about a typical day of ours.  I'll be glad to look back on it, too.  This is a day that goes off without a hitch ;)

5:00 am My alarm goes off.  I snooze until about 5:20.  (I know, bad)
5:25 am Let Penny out to go potty (oh, we have a puppy...) and get her situated and occupied
5:30-45 am Make coffee and get set up for my quiet time
6:30 am Start to hear laughing or talking and sometimes crying
7:00 am Get the boys up!  One of my favorite times of the day.  We sing "Good Morning" from Singing in the Rain and "Rise and shine, and give God the glory! glory!"  fun times
7:15 am Sippy cups of milk and play a little bit
7:15/20 am Breakfast!  fruit, toaster waffle and jam or syrup, turkey sausage, and yogurt are all options
7:30 am Play time in the living room and get dressed
8:00 am We go for a walk in the wagon around the neighborhood and usually end up at the park in the swings!
9:00 am Naptime
10:30/11 am Wake up and have water (sometimes a sippy of milk) and a little snack and play or run errands
12/12:15 pm Lunchtime!
12:30-2 pm More errands or an outing to the park or Marmee's house
2:00 pm Naptime
3:30 pm Wake up and have water and a little snack (yogurt or applesauce or puffs)
3:30-5 pm Playtime
5:00 pm Dinner time!
6:30 pm Sippy cup of milk, get in pj's
7:00 pm Bedtime stories, sometimes a dance party :)  then bedtime!
7:00 pm onward Andy and I clean up, make/have dinner, relax, and go to bed by 9










No comments:

Post a Comment