Monday, January 31, 2011

What's cooking?

Here are a few photos of what I've been making in the kitchen lately...

Peppermint brownies for the holidays

I'm obsessed with brownies

Sea Salt Caramels

Don't even ask how long it took me to wrap them up individually in parchment paper.

Four layer raspberry fudge cake with white chocolate whipped cream filling

It honestly tasted like my favorite layer of our wedding cake.  Divine.

Sorry for the bad photos... our good camera was being borrowed to take pictures of this little nugget.

Sugar cookies with royal icing.

I actually still haven't frosted these.  Flowers and umbrellas?  I don't know why.

My coworkers loved these!

My favorite one :)


I promise you that Andy and I eat real food, too.


Here.  Black bean and salsa soup.

"Souper" easy and delicious!

Black Bean and Salsa Soup
Ingredients:
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1.5 c. vegetable broth
1 c. salsa
1 t. cumin
sour cream, green onion, shredded cheese for garnishing

Directions:
Combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a food processor. Blend until fairly smooth. Heat soup in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Put soup in bowls and garnish as desired.
Source: Allrecipes

(I found the recipe on Annie's Eats.)

1 comment:

  1. not sure if i mentioned this before... but the night we had you over for dinner... my favorite thing that i put in my mouth that evening was the one bite i had of danny's sugar cookie that you brought him. delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete