Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Berries!

I love the abundance of berries all summer long! I have been taking advantage of their bright colors, delicious tastes, and low prices over the past several weeks making lots of fun treats! Here are a few of them...


Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake



















"Flag Cake" Cupcakes



























Lemon and Chocolate Mousse Parfaits (with brownies added, of course!)













I bought these mason jars at Christmastime last year to fill with cookie mix to give as gifts, but I got too small of a size! But they worked great as holders for the parfaits! Such a cute idea for summer treats.












Andy and I are headed to Long Island this weekend for his step brother Adam's wedding. We're looking forward to the trip! I will post pics of us when we get back. Work has been tough lately, so I'm glad for the break. We have a shortage of nurses and an abundance of children to take care of, so it can wear me out sometimes. But I love my job and love bringing light and hope and healing to my patients and their families. This summer I have felt God encouraging me to make more of an effort to walk in the Spirit at work and really carry the presence of God into my patients' rooms and to my coworkers. I am realizing how weak I really am but how big and strong God is and how much more He loves people than I do. My prayer is that I would tap into that love. Would you pray that for me too?

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment