Saturday, August 9, 2014

5 Year Anniversary // 1 Year Celebration

5 years ago today this happened:


I married my bestie!  


Marriage has been FUN.  Andy is truly my best friend, and I love living life with him by my side.
I am honored to be his wife and partner.
Marriage has also been challenging, humbling, and revealing!  
I can be quite stubborn... these 5 years (and many many more) have allowed God to shape and form me to be a little more like Jesus... but I still have a LONG way to go.
Andy helps me to be more
patient, 
calm, 
trusting, 
joyful.

And we have tons of fun and laughter together.  5 years have flown by.

August 8th will now also forever be another anniversary of sorts.
This day last year, we suited up to go into the OR and have our 3 precious embryos implanted into my womb.  
We were so expectant for God to move in miraculous ways.
This was a day of excitement and hope, 
despite all of the setbacks and pain we had endured leading up to this day.
Here we are waiting and ready :)


Little did we know that these little guys would soon turn into our sweet
Benjamin and Zachary!  


One of the perks of IVF, if you could call it a perk, would be that your baby's 
first photo is taken when they are literally seconds old...
Here are the sweet little embys as they were just nestled into my uterine lining.
Crazy!  I am still in awe of medicine and science and the way God moves in creation.


What a full 5 years we have had... looking forward to many many more!


No comments:

Post a Comment