Wednesday, October 23, 2013

13 Weeks!


Our little babies are the size of a kiwi this week!  
(But I've also read that they're the size of a clenched fist... so somewhere in between?)
Their vocal cords are developing, 
their digestive system has moved from the umbilical cord into the abdominal cavity, 
their little fingers and elbows can bend, 
their fingerprints have formed...

Isn't that crazy?  Such a miracle!

As for me...
I'm feeling OK.  Definitely not out of the woods yet with symptoms... 
I'm having trouble sleeping, which causes headaches, which causes overall blah-ness.
My stomach is bothering me a lot, but not as much nausea, so that's good.
I can't believe I don't have a bump yet!  Or do I?
Definitely pudge, though :)

I was mistaken about the ultrasounds being monthly--that doesn't start until after 18 weeks--
sad!  So our next OB appointment is in a week, and we'll hear the heartbeats again.
But the next peek at the little guys won't be for another 4-5 weeks!  
The fun thing is, though, we'll find out their genders then, yay!
I feel like time is moving pretty quickly, so maybe the ultrasound will be here before I know it. #wishfulthinking

The weather is changing here, and it has been feeling so nice outside!  Still hot--up to the 90s during the day, but it's cooling down in the mornings and evenings.  
Andy's mom and step dad get in town tomorrow for a little visit, so that will be nice.
I also need to update with pics from my NYC trip earlier this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment