Thursday, August 29, 2013

Raspberry White Chocolate Chunk (Copycat Recipe)

Remember these cookies?
They were amazing, and I promised to recreate them...
well, I did!
Thanks to a recipe I found on Mybakerlady.com's site, 
 I was able to tweak it and make my own.

Let's do a comparison...

Top left:  the famous Pooh Corner Bakery Raspberry White Chocolate cookie

See the swirls of jam and huge white chocolate discs...

My recreation!

Not as many swirls of jam, but you get the idea!
I think they turned out pretty spectacular!
I ended up making them on a whim, but then I needed to make a bunch of cookies
for our church's after service dinner, so I used my precious
Pooh Corner Bakery dough for the cookies.
I made them much smaller than I would have normally in order to make as many cookies
as I could, therefore, they weren't as grand.
But JUST as delicious!
Now, the recipes I found included semi-sweet chips, 
but for some reason I don't remember chocolate being in my Disneyland cookie! So I omitted those.
But chocolate makes anything better, so feel free to add a cup of semisweet chips, too, if you so desire.

Here's the recipe:

Disneyland’s White Chocolate Raspberry Cookie
adapted from My Baker Lady
2 1/2 C Flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 C butter, room temperature
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
Raspberry Jam (I used about 1/4 cup)
1 bag of white chocolate melts (you can find at Michael's)
Directions


1.  Cream the butter & sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg/yolk, vanilla and almond extracts. Mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add white & semi-sweet chocolate chips.
2.  Add the jam and cut it in using a butter knife. Be careful not to MIX it, or your dough will turn pink--you want big chunks of jam.
3.  Take the jam swirled dough and scoop by spoonfuls  onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat liner. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula and place in a 325° oven for 12-17 minutes. *Your bake time may be less depending on the size of cookie you make.     
4. Take them out when the edges are set but the center is still puffy and soft. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment