Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Risen!

(http://www.turnbacktogod.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Empty-Tomb-Picture-06.jpg)
Happy Easter!

What a glorious day.  This year, for some reason, God is reminding me of 
what Jesus really did on our behalf.
Last wednesday night we watched The Passion at Lifegroup.  
I haven't seen the movie since its release in the theatres when I was a Freshman in college.
Seeing the graphic, bloody beatings that Jesus endured,
humbled me afresh.

Jesus was viciously 
beaten,
bruised,
 and bloodied
before He was even nailed to the cross.

What a Savior.

In the Bible, there must be a blood sacrifice to atone for sin.
The sin I have committed is deserving of death.  
I deserve separation from God.
But Jesus took my place.
Jesus took our place upon the cross.
He became the Ultimate Sacrifice.
He was and is and forever be the Lamb that was Slain.

Who rose again!

Thank You, Jesus, for conquering the grave and ending the rule and reign of sin and death!
Because of Jesus' obedience, even unto death
we have the opportunity to come under His blood
and enjoy forgiveness of sins, 
redemption, restoration, and freedom, 
and eternal life with God.

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment