Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring! ...almost

The sun is out, the windows are down, and pretty much all of the piles of snow are melted away.  Spring is arriving soon!  This winter has been sooo long, and I didn't realize how much I miss getting to be outside more often.   So I sat down to write this post one week ago, and it's almost funny how things have changed!  It's March 24th, and it's snowing outside.  !@#@(*!  Just kidding.  But needless to say, I am longing for spring. 

One of Andy and my favorite things to do is go on walks around the neighborhood at the end of the day, and I'm looking forward to getting to do that soon.  In the meantime, we've stayed in and watched a movie or read on our free nights (which aren't that often!).  We also got into the show "Lost"... and watched the whole series on Netflix over the course of a month and a half!  I'm not much of a tv watcher, but I was sucked in.  I was glad when we finished!

We're also working on sending out our support letters, letting our friends and family know the details of our move to Arizona.  It's a little bittersweet.  Sending out the letters mean we're finally getting close to our departure date, but it also means that our time in Boston is soon coming to a close.  I've been getting nostalgic and a little sad over the past week... I'm realizing how nice it has been to have family so close.  I've never had that, and over the past few years, I've had my mom and dad's family just a short drive away, and then Victoria and Nick up the street, and now my parents just 40 minutes away at times.  I love being near family, and that will be the biggest sacrifice as we plant this church.  But I've counted the costs, and know that following Jesus wherever he leads us is worth it to me.  I'm going to spend as much time as I can with my family in these next couple of months.

I'll leave you with some pictures of my latest creations...

Oreo-stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from picky-palate.com.  Andy loved these so much that he actually did not let me share them with our friends!  I had to hide them! 

King Cake for Mardi Gras!  This was so fun to make and delicious.  My coworkers loved it.  From baked-bree.com.

Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Annies-eats.com.

SO pretty!

Cinnamon Rolls from baked-bree.com.

Brought one batch to a new mom and froze the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment